BALI'S TRADITIONS - TEMPLES AND VILLAGES
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
A journey through the rich and varied Balinese culture. We will visit a host of villages and temples of different religions, attend a traditional show and learn about the artistic talent of the local artisans.
What we will see
- Traditional residential complex
- Temple of Batuan
- Village of Batubulan
- Village of Celuk
- Vihara Satya Dharma Temple
What we will do
- We will leave the port to visit a traditional Balinese residential complex where we will have the chance to admire an original house comprising three sections, each with one or more different buildings with a specific function – quite a rare kind of residence in modern-day Bali.
- Our next destination is the stunning Batuan temple, situated in the centre of the village of the same name, strategically located on the main road running from Denpasar to Ubud.
- We will continue on our tour and head to the village of Batubulan, where we will attend a kecak and barong show, a traditional dance that tells the story of the battle between good and bad.
- Our itinerary taking in Balinese culture will then take us to the village of Celuk, historically home to skilled jewellers experienced in the art of working with gold and silver. The streets are dotted with a series of workshops of different sizes where we can admire the Chinese artisans at work.
- Our last stop will be the Chinese Vihara Satya Dharma temple, dedicated to Ma Cho, the god and protector of the seas. We will admire its intricate decoration, delicately created columns and sloping roofs with red tiles overlooked by traditional dragons.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes and sportswear are recommended.
- Shoes must be removed and socks must be worn to visit the temple.
- To enter the temples, gentlemen must wear long trousers and short sleeves and ladies should avoid mini skirts and excessively low necklines.