SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF BUENOS AIRES
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
A unique occasion to discover the main places of interest of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina and second largest city on the continent after São Paulo in Brazil. The excursion ends with two free hours for shopping.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires
- Plaza de Mayo, Pirámide de Mayo, Casa Rosada, Cabildo, Metropolitan Cathedral
- La Boca neighbourhood, coloured houses, Caminito
- Avenida Florida, shopping
What we will do
- Buenos Aires is the result of migration flows and centuries of different peoples cohabiting. Its beauty is European rather than South American, with lively streets, splendid avenues, old-style cafés and classy restaurants. It is an exuberant and cosmopolitan city**, famous for its elegance and for the dignity of its inhabitants.
- The tour starts from Plaza de Mayo, one of the most ancient places and cultural, political and historical heart of the city. Here, we admire the Pirámide de Mayo, Casa Rosada, residence of the President of the Republic, and the Cabildo, a fascinating colonial building which is now the National Museum of the May Revolution. On the north side of the square, the Metropolitan Cathedral stands with its unmistakeable Baroque style. Inside, we find the tomb on national hero José de San Martín.
- The excursion continues towards the famous La Boca neighbourhood, which has a long and significant history whose fame goes well beyond the borders of the city. La Boca was Buenos Aires’ first port and it is where most of the Italian and Spanish immigrants (mainly from Genoa) who gave the area its typical European atmosphere used to live. Most of its inhabitants are now of Italian origin. The neighbourhood is characterised by its coloured houses decorated with flags and statues is home to the oldest tango clubs of the city. The most famous street of the neighbourhood is Caminito, flanked by houses painted in lively colours and stalls run by local artists and artisans.
- We then reach the Avenida Florida pedestrian precinct, the main shopping street in the centre Buenos Aires. Along this road, we find many shops, restaurants, street artists and stalls, so it is the ideal place to buy souvenirs for friends and family. We have two hours to do some shopping before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
Space is limited, so please reserve early.