A TASTE OF FINNISH LIFE: NORDIC WALKING AND SAUNA IN A HISTORIC RESIDENCE
Lunch not included
An exciting health and wellness experience: regenerate your body in the stunning setting of a historic 14th-century residence converted into an elegant hotel, with an invigorating walk in the forest in keeping with the philosophy of Nordic walking with an instructor, followed by a relaxing and purifying sauna.
What we will see
- A stop at the beautiful historic residence of Haikko Manor
- Nordic walking with an instructor
- Choose from basic or advanced level
- Traditional sauna in a seaside cottage
- Light refreshment
- Sightseeing tour of Helsinki
- Photo stop at the stunning Senate Square
What we will do
- We arrive at the beautiful historic residence of Haikko Manor, now an elegant hotel that dates back to the 14th century and is surrounded by wonderful grounds with large well-kept lawns and a real forest just behind it.
- During our visit to Haikko Manor, we will have the opportunity to try a sporting activity typical of the northern regions: so-called Nordic walking, which uses special walking sticks to which force must be applied with every step.
- With the help of an instructor, we will choose the level most suitable for us, either basic, within reach of everyone, or advanced, which also includes hillwalking. In both cases, we will breathe in the pure air of the forest deeply and reactivate our body’s energy, immersing ourselves in contact with nature.
- After the walk, we will enjoy a well-deserved relaxing break in a traditional sauna, built inside a pretty cottage just a few steps from the sea, allowing the heat to purify us from toxins and give us a fabulous feeling of relaxation.
- We cannot leave Haikko Manor before having enjoyed a light refreshment: there is no point ignoring our stomachs and all that exercise will no doubt have made us a little peckish!
- Our excursion will end with a sightseeing tour of Helsinki, discovering some of the capital’s most interesting sights.
- We drive along Mannerheimintie, one of the main roads, and admire the Parliament building, setting of many crucial events in the country’s national and political life.
- Before returning to the ship, we make a photo stop in the scenic Senate Square, overlooked by the stunning Lutheran Cathedral, an imposing Neoclassical building completely finished in white marble.
What you need to know
- This excursion includes a guide for every 20 guests.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.