A WALKING TOUR TO THE BANDAMA VOLCANIC CRATER
Nature excursion, Packed lunch
The Bandama volcano, which has been inactive for thousands of years now, soars with all its indelible majesty in the memories of those who have seen it.
What we will see
- Bandama Volcano
- Crater with panoramic viewpoint
- Volcano summit, panoramic viewpoint of the north of the island.
What we will do
- We will leave the port behind and walk along a pathway encircled by nature which will take us to the summit of the crater of the Bandama Volcano, one of the youngest volcanoes on the island and the largest on Gran Canaria, at a depth of 200 metres and with diameter of 1,000 metres. We will climb the slope of this inactive volcano, which last erupted 3,000 years ago, giving the small municipality of Santa Brigida its current form.
- At the foot of the crater, a small abandoned farm bestows a panoramic viewpoint, an ideal place to enjoy the magnificent view of the crater and the landscape which was perpetually influenced by the power of the eruptions.
- After a brief stop for a rest, time permitting, our walk will take us to the top of the volcano which will provide us with*great views of the north of the island*.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.