St. Cruz de Tenerife
PREMIUM TOUR - LORO PARQUE AND ITS SUBTROPICAL FAUNA
Nature excursion, Cultural, Entertainment, Meal included
A lively, unforgettable tour of a unique park where you can admire the 350 species of parrots and extremely varied subtropical fauna, learn useful information on animals and find out what happens "behind the scenes".
What we will see
- Puerto de la Cruz and Loro Parque Zoological Park
- Parrots and varied subtropical fauna
- Discovery and "behind the scenes" at the park
- Lunch at the Grill Patio de Loros
What we will do
- We will leave the port and head towards Puerto de la Cruz where Loro Parque, or the Parrot Park, is found , which is one of the most visited parks in Spain with 1,500,00 visitors per year.
- Some statistics: founded in 1972, the park houses, amongst the different animal species, the largest parrot variety ever (over 4,000 specimens and 350 species) spanning a surface area of 135,000 square metres both covered and in the open air, making it a must-see in Tenerife.
- Within the Loro Parque, we will admire the varied fauna, which makes it one of the most interesting zoological parks in the world: although initially famous for its parrots, it currently boasts protected areas for certain species which live in this subtropical environment, amongst which tigers, gorillas, chimpanzees, caymans, alligators, iguanas, pelicans, jaguars, flamingoes, sea lions, dolphins, killer whales, penguins, monkeys and giant turtles from the Galápagos Islands.
- To make this a truly unforgettable experience, the Premium Tour also offers you the opportunity to discover*interesting facts about the animals, for example, how they came to be at the park, how they sleep or which animals have their teeth cleaned daily and to look *"behind the scenes"** of the park itself, observing the complex technology hidden behind its beauty.
- A barbecue lunch at the Grill Patio de Loros within the park is included in the tour.
What you need to know
- During the visit it is essential to respect the animals and their habitat. Feeding the animals, noise and sudden movements are therefore not allowed.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.