PANORAMIC TOUR OF NASSAU AND A VISIT TO THE ARDASTRA GARDENS AND ZOO
A memorable experience for animal lovers and children of all ages. The chance for a face-to-face meeting with the island's pink flamingoes, fun parrots and mischievous lemurs of Madagascar make the Ardastra Zoo, an unmissable stop in Nassau. To finish off the tour, a complete visit of the city.
What we will see
- Nassau, panoramic tour: Colonial architecture, Parliament Square, Governor House
- Ardastra Gardens and zoo
What we will do
- From the port, we will hop on-board our coach for a family-designed adventure and a panoramic tour which will lead us to the island's most important locations. We will admire the Public Library and flamingo pink government buildings of Parliament Square, built in 1815, and an excellent example of colonial architecture, just like the striking Houses of Parliament and Supreme Court. On one of the highest points of Nassau, the hill known as Mount Fitzwilliam, Government House can be found, the building which houses the official residence of the General Governor of Bahamas since 1801. The coral rock stucco of the building offers an elegant example of Georgian colonial architecture. If we are lucky, we can see the sumptuous ceremony of the changing of the guard.
- We will reach Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, the first and only zoo in Bahamas, covering an area of over 16,000 square metres, a splendid tropical garden boasting reptiles, mammals and birds, amongst which the beautiful and exotic pink flamingo, the animal symbolic of Bahamas. This natural environment homes some animal species threatened with extinction which are protected in this environment. With a bit of luck, the colourful parrots will place themselves down on us, so we must keep our cameras close to hand to capture these emotional moments. Within the zoo, we can also admire exotic l*emurs of Madagascar, peacocks, swans, as well as snakes and iguanas*.
- Before returning to the coach and continue on our excursion, we will have some free time to get a drink at the "Parrot Pit Stop" or browse in "Toby's Treasures", to find that perfect souvenir. A brief photograph break in a panoramic location helps us remember the natural beauty of the Bahamas before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information will be provided by the driver in English.
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.?
- The distance from the ship to the minibus car park is approximately a 10-15 minute journey on foot.
- Upon returning to the port, port authority representatives must check documents and your Costa Card. We cannot be held responsible for any queues, in terms of our management and organisation.