DUNN'S RIVER FALLS AND DOLPHIN TREK ISLAND
Nature excursion, Entertainment
A particularly thrilling tour, during which we can test our physical abilities, first climbing up Dunn’s river falls and then walking underwater at Dolphin Trek Island, playing with dolphins, all while fully enjoying the tropical atmosphere of Jamaica.
What we will see
- Dunn's River Falls
- Dolphin Cove Park: tropical jungle, dolphins, tropical birds, snakes, iguanas
- Dolphin Trek Island, encounter with dolphins
- Little Port Royal, a replica of Jamaica's most famous pirate haunt.
What we will do
- Our excursion starts at Dunn's River Falls. the world famous river falls where we have the opportunity to climb up a good 180 metres going through the cool waters cascading down the terraced limestone. An expert local guide helps us climb up the river falls whose rushing waters flow directly into the pristine Caribbean Sea.
- After this exciting adventure we go to Dolphin Cove, a wonderful park that is located in a rather unique cove, surrounded by lush tropical jungle, where we can see splendid bottlenose dolphins, exotic birds, snakes and iguanas.
- We are stunned by the view of one of the natural lagoons where the dolphins live, as we are accompanied to Dolphin Trek island. After an instruction briefing and equipped with an underwater helmet we embark on an experience that is unique in its genre: the so-called Sea Trek, or shall we say *walking underwater with the possibility to interact with dolphins. Dolphin Trek is a world renowned attraction that enables the closest and most innovative type of encounter with these wonderful marine creatures. With this set up we can even experience the magic of kissing these friendly dolphins and have our underwater picture taken while we do so.
- After this unforgettable experience we have some free time to watch the dolphins as they play in their natural habitat, go for a walk in the lush tropical jungle to get acquainted more closely with the colourful birds, the snakes and the iguanas that populate this environment.
- We then stop at Little Port Royal, a replica of Jamaica's most famous historic pirate haunt.
- At this point we still have some time left to look at the major souvenir shops, accompanied by the rhythms of Caribbean music and fascinated by Jamaican culture.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. The instructors will provide information in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- The excursion provides a shuttle bus service to the two excursion sites and back to the ship and, given a total excursion duration time, it is up to individual guests to decide how much time to spend at each of the two locations. A shuttle bus departs from the first location every 20 minutes en route to the next stop. If for example the first stop is Dolphin Cove, the next stop will be the waterfalls (by shuttle bus). There is then a shuttle bus from the waterfalls to return to the ship. When planning excursion transfers participants must take into account the specified time for re-boarding the ship.
- In light of the large number of participants, it is not possible for ship staff to be present on every shuttle bus. The ship staff will however be present at key locations such as Dolphin Cove and the waterfall carpark.
- The excursion is not recommended for people with mobility problems, pregnant women, those suffering from neck or back problems, those with heart or breathing conditions and those who have recently undergone surgery.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- Minimum age: 8 years; minors must be accompanied by a paying adult who must fill in a release form.
- For participants who wish to climb Dunn's river falls, we recommend wearing sturdy shoes with rubber soles or that you bring a spare pair of shoes with you.
- It is not mandatory to buy rubber shoes. It is possible to hire rubber shoes and lockers (not included in the price of the excursion) directly at Dunn's River Falls.
- We recommend bringing cash with you as not all stores accept credit cards.
- There are stairs at Dunn's river falls for those who do not wish to climb up the river falls or get wet.
- Excursions will not be refunded. For further information, please see the general terms and conditions at the Excursions Office.
- Before setting off on the excursion, participants will be asked to fill in a release form in English.