FREE TIME IN GENOA
We will discover Genoa, the most famous city in Liguria, made known by Christopher Columbus, which is home to the spectacular aquarium, the splendid port and an historic centre which is considered to be the largest Medieval district in Europe.
What we will see
- Genoa, historic centre, Ancient Port
- From 6th of July till 14th October possibility to visit on our own the exhibition "Oliviero Toscani - Ladro di Felicità 2" at Ducal Palace.
What we will do
- We will depart from the port of Savona by coach, and accompanied by our guide, we will arrive in the heart of Genoa.
- Independently, we will discover the charm of the old city walking along the narrow alleyways which locals refer to as "caruggi", upon the quest for quirks, mystery and the secrets of the city.
- We will remain spellbound by the beautiful architecture, amongst which the Palazzi dei Rolli , excellent palaces and residences belonging to noble Genoese families, some of which were declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2006. More specifically, the Rolli of public residences of Genoa were, during the time of the Ancient Republic, a list of excellent palaces and residences belonging to noble Genoese families which aspired to house - dependent on a public draw - leading figures passing by on State visits. During subsequent periods, the same residences housed famous travellers who included the Ligurian capital in their cultural or tourist-economic Grand Tours.
- Following this period of free time, we will return to the coach to the port of Savona.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Genoa takes approximately 1 hour
- The Expo area of the Ancient Port of Genoa is our meeting and stop place.