IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF ULYSSES
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Entertainment, Drink included
An excursion taking in the culture and beautiful scenery of one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, Scilla.
What we will see
- Costa Viola
- Ruffo Castle of Calabria
What we will do
- Leaving the port behind, we will arrive at the dock where we will board our boat.
- Our sightseeing boat ride along the Calabrian coastline will take us to Scilla, one of the most picturesque and typical villages in Italy and the destination for artists from all over the world each year. It is also well known for its links to the mythical Scylla and Charybdis: two sea monsters that would threaten boats sailing through the waters of the Strait of Messina. As we sail along, we can admire the attractive colours of the Costa Viola (Purple Coast), home to numerous caves full of marine fossils and seaside villas nestled into the cliffs, as well as the typical green Mediterranean vegetation.
- We will disembark at Scilla and walk to Ruffo Castle of Calabria, an ancient fort situated on the Scilla promontory which stretches out into the Strait of Messina.
- We will then walk to Chianalea a charming, picturesque fishing village crossed by a single road. Here, the typical dwellings nestled into the cliff make for an extraordinary spectacle.
- After a spot of shopping, we will get back on board the boat to return to the port of Reggio Calabria. During the boat ride, we will be offered a refreshing cocktail to sip with the stunning backdrop of the Sicilian coastline.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.