SNORKELING ON THE CORAL REEF AND TIME TO RELAX ON THE BEACH
Previously a destination for expert divers only, today the underwater wonders of the Costa Maya are in everybody's reach. Our exploration of the incredible reefs requires only a beginner level of snorkeling experience; we will also enjoy the best of the Caribbean on a beach that is straight out of a dream, with all comforts and amenities, including an open bar!
What we will see
- Beach Escape beach club
- Guided snorkeling
- Relaxation on the beach and open bar
What we will do
- Our adventure begins when we meet our guide, who will be waiting for us at the quay to accompany us to the exclusive Beach Escape club at Mahahual beach, where the crystal clear waters meet the white sand.
- When we reach our destination, we pick up our snorkeling equipment and our PADI certified diving instructor gives us a safety briefing.
- The instructor then accompanies us into the water allowing us all the time we need to get accustomed to, and feel comfortable in an aquatic environment. And so as soon as we feel safe enough, we are off snorkeling in Costa Maya which is one of the most sought after destinations for snorkeling and diving, exploring the extraordinary seabed, diving at a depth between 90 cm and 3 metres.
- We will be totally charmed by the reef where the marine flora and fauna give rise to the most fascinating environment, adorned by unexpected colours and shades.
- Among various aeroplane and car relics we can see colourful parrotfish, angelfish with fluorescent stripes and ,with a bit of luck, we might even catch a glimpse of an eagle ray.
- After this wonderful snorkeling experience, we have enough free time to relax and enjoy the vast unspoiled beach of this dreamlike place. Here we have access to deck chairs, an open bar, entertainment and kayaking. Those who wish to have a snack can go to the restaurant, and there is also a shop selling souvenirs and water toys.
What you need to know
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please keep a safe distance from the coral reef formations, do not feed the fish and use biodegradable sun cream.
- The coral reef formations are very fragile, and therefore touching them is prohibited.