BOAT TRIP AMONG MANGROVES AND MYSTERIOUS CAVES
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Sail along an unspoilt nature reserve among mangrove forests and spectacular islets, learn more about the local fauna with countless bird species and explore beautiful caves with rock drawings dating back to Pre-Colombian times.
What we will see
- Motorboat excursion
- Los Haitises National Park
- Cayo de los Pájaros
- Caves with rock drawings
What we will do
- We board a motorboat and, after receiving all the safety instructions from our guide, we are ready to explore the turquoise waters of the bay for an unforgettable adventure.
- Our destination is the Los Haitises National Park, a true natural miracle filled with islets and caves, large mangrove forests among the most beautiful of the Caribbean and lush rainforest.
- We sail around Cayo de los Pájaros, one of the numerous limestone hills that emerge from the seas filled with sterns, pelicans and other marine animals. * Along the way, our guide will point out the different species and provide a lot of interesting information about the local animals.
- The captain moors the boat in an area from where we can admire the mysterious caves decorated with rock drawings depicting the Gods and everyday life of the Tainos, the ancient population that lived in this area. We remain enchanted by the fascinating stalactites and stalagmites that have formed over the centuries and that ornate the caves and then return to the port.
What you need to know
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women and guests with mobility, leg or neck problems and those who suffer from sea sickness.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides; if there are no English speaking guides available the commentary will be in Spanish.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring a towel and sun cream.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.