TRIP INTO DOMINICAN CULTURE AND COUNTRYSIDE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
This guided tour of the Dominican Republic countryside with stops at the best sights is the perfect occasion for cultural enrichment: visit a lovely country church, a cigar workshop on the edge of the rainforest and a family-run ranch for an excellent lunch.
What we will see
- Tour of the rural hinterland
- La Fuente country church
- Cigar workshop with chocolate tasting session
- Family-run ranch
- Typical lunch and free time in the ranch
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and embark on a sightseeing tour of the rural hinterland with a guide who will point out the best sights along the way and provide interesting information about the history and culture of the country and of Samaná.
- We stop for photos at the La Fuente country church, visit the inside and have the opportunity of meeting a local elderly inhabitant who will tell us the story of the Virgen de la Fuente.
- We continue our excursion with a visit to a cigar workshop located on the edge of the rainforest and where we will learn the secrets of the famous hand-made Dominican cigars. Here we will also get the chance to try some excellent organic chocolate and buy a few cigars as souvenirs.
- Last but not least, we take a guided tour of a family-run ranch where we will see a small plantation and observe the lifestyle in this part of the world.
- After the visit, we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch and have some free time available to have a look at local handicrafts and other hand-made objects before returning to the port.
What you need to know
Please note: Space is limited, so please reserve early. Local means of transportation may be without air conditioning.