A POOL IN THE FOREST: A TREK AND AN AMAZING SWIM
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
This tour is the perfect chance to get off the beaten track and venture into the heart of the Samaná peninsula: a walk in the rainforest will take us to a natural pool where we will go for a refreshing swim surrounded by wild nature.
What we will see
- Open-top safari bus transfer
- Trek in the rainforest
- Drink and swim in a natural pool
- Stop in a ranch
What we will do
- We get on an open-top safari bus that takes us far away from the most civilized places into Samaná's lush nature.
- We get off at the start of a trail that will take us to discover the island’s true beauty. * We continue on foot and, during our trek in the rainforest, have the chance to observe interesting sights and learn a lot about how the locals use some specific plants.
- We reach a spot of unspoilt nature just off the track overlooking a natural freshwater pool and remain enchanted by this marvel created by Mother Nature.
- Here we have some free time to enjoy the peaceful forest as we sip a drink and swim in the cool mountain waters before walking back to our bus.On our way back to Samaná,we stop at a ranch* where we can use the toilet and purchase a drink (not included) before going back to the ship.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- It is recommend you wear comfortable clothing and closed walking shoes.
- Do not forget to bring your sun cream and insect repellent.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.