KITTS ISLANDS EXPERIENCE
A panoramic excursion designed so you can see the most beautiful areas of St Kitts, from the capital of Basseterre to the famous beaches of Frigate Bay and Calypso Bay, to fully immerse ourselves in the landscapes and Caribbean colours
What we will see
- Basseterre: Greenlands area, residence of the General Governor
- Mattingley Heights: view from the port basin of Basseterre and surrounding mountains
- The F.T.Williams and Kim Collins highways, aristocratic houses, Royal St. Kitts Golf Club golf courses, Frigate Bay resort
- Calypso Bay, hills and Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock area
What we will do
- We will begin our excursion on board our open safari coach to visit the most beautiful areas of the island of St. Kitts, starting from the historic Basseterre, a fascinating colonial city which dates back to the 17th Century, founded by the French in 1627 and presently the capital of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- We will admire the most important areas, pas sing near to the area of Greenlands, the residence of the General Governor (building constructed in 1834, firstly as the residence of a rich trader, to then become headquarters to the Archdeacon in 1842) as well as other interesting attractions which would be missed by hasty visitors.
- We will depart from Basseterre and head west to Mattingley Heights where we will enjoy a spectacular view of the port basin of Basseterre and the surrounding mountains.
- We will take the recently constructed F.T.Williams and Kim Collins highways, which run alongside aristocratic houses, the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club golf course and the Frigate Bay resort, one of the most beautiful beaches on St. Kitts which also boasts the most luxurious apartments on the island. We will stop here to take some photos for our holiday albums: on the one side, we have a complete view over Frigate Bay, on the other side, the marvellous point at which the Caribbean coast and Atlantic coast of the island are at their closest.
- We will then continue along our panoramic journey in the direction of*Calypso Bay, amongst the hills and the **Caribbean Sea*, passing by the higher section where we can enjoy a stunning view of the valley of Basseterre, from where we can also see our ship in the port.
- We will then take the road into the residential area of Bird Rock which takes us directly back to the ship.
What you need to know
Only a limited number of English speaking guides are available.