WHALE-WATCHING IN THE WATERS OF SAMANÁ AND STOP AT THE BEACH
Nature excursion, Swimming
A unforgettable boat excursion to admire the spectacular humpback whales that gather in the waters of Samaná every year followed by a relaxing break at a quintessential Caribbean beach.
What we will see
- Boat excursion
- Whale spotting
- Spectacular photos
- Break at Cayo Levantado
- Return on own account with motor boat service
What we will do
- We board our boat and set off on a thrilling excursion off the coast of Samaná on the blue Caribbean sea.
- This region’s waters are particularly suitable for large cetaceans, who choose this warm, placid and sheltered Caribbean location to mate and reproduce.
- For centuries, thousands of humpback whales leave the North Atlantic seas to spend the winters in the Samaná waters. In some periods of the year, the whale population can reach 300, therefore the likelihood of spotting whales is very high!
- While in the open sea, we study the waves and soon spot huge humpback whales emerging from the waters with their jumps, fin flicks and dives part of a complex mating ritual.
- We keep the cameras at the ready and, on the first occasion, take amazing pictures of this incredible natural spectacle that has been part of the natural culture for centuries: rock formations depicting spouting whales from Pre-Colombian times have been found on the Samaná peninsula!
- We end our excursion with a break at Cayo Levantado, an enchanting islet with sandy beaches in the shade of coconut trees. Here, we can relax on the white sand, go for a swim in the turquoise waters or do some shopping. We can return whenever we like thanks to the motorboat service.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness.