Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An amazing opportuninty that must not be missed: an helicopter tour for the ones who want admire the scenic landscapes of Olden and Jostedal glacier from an unique perspective.
What we will see
- View of the village of Olden
- View of the Jostedal glacier
What we will do
- We'll fly over the village of Olden nestling at the head of the 'Innvikfjord, a branch of the Nordfjord. A pleasant village surrounded by towering mountains, superb waterfalls and several glaciers, Olden is a popular resort for both residents and tourists alike.
- Not far from the town we enter the boundless nature of the stunning Jostedal glacier. This is the largest glacier in mainland Europe, stretching over 487 km2. The glacier has 22 named outlets, many of which are within easy reach of Olden.
- Our helicopter trip offers a spectacular, sensational scenario, a truly unique, unforgettable experience. The ice has shaped the landscape over thousands of years. Geological faults and crevices beneath the glacier have dug valleys and mountain passes. Unusual climatic conditions caused the Jostedalen glacier to deteriorate and spread. In the past, its outlets rose or descended down the valleys destroying farms, vegetation and people's lives. Although it was a natural disaster at the time, this event has been extremely useful for today's scientists to study how plants and animals have spread across virgin land.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Routes depend closely on the weather conditions during the flight.
- The pilot may decide to cancel the flight at any time for reasons of safety.
- The transfer to and from the helipad by maxi-taxi takes approximately 20 minutes.
- The flight lasts approximately 13 minutes.
- Transfer in two groups. While the first group takes the flight, the second will wait on the ground for its turn to fly. Once the first group has landed, it will wait for the flight of the second group before returning all together to the quay in Olden.
- Min age: 2 years old.
- Max weight: 120 kg.