SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF MARSEILLE AND SHOPPING IN THE CITY CENTRE
A tour suitable for all, for a taste of what is considered the capital of the South of France: A sightseeing tour of Marseille by coach to see the highlights and the opportunity to do some shopping or stroll around the city.
What we will see
- Marseille: Waterfront promenade La Corniche, Escale Borely
- Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral, Fort Saint-Jean, Church of Saint-Laurent and Notre-Dame de la Garde Basilica
- Old Port
What we will do
- We will start our coach trip by driving along the famous Corniche Kennedy, Marseille's waterfront promenade which offers a fantastic view of the islands situated at the entrance to the port, until we come to Escale Borely, where we will make a brief stop to take some photos and enjoy the view.
- We will then set off for the Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral , built in Neo-Byzantine style, where we will make another brief photo stop. We will continue to Fort Saint-Jean, built in 1660 by Louis XIV, the Church of Saint-Laurent, a fine example of Provençal Romanesque architecture built of pinkish stone from the Couronne quarries and, finally, the Notre-Dame de la Garde Basilica, from where you can enjoy a superb view of the city.
- At the end of the tour the coach will drop us in the Old Port area, where we will have a little free time to do some shopping or stroll around the city.
What you need to know
- There is only a short photo stop at Borely Park.