GRAND TOUR OF ST. PETERSBURG
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
The best of St. Petersburg on a single excursion, exclusively for us, showing is everything that this city has to offer over two days!
What we will see
- Guided visit of Catherine Palace: Throne Room, Amber Room and gardens
- Guided visit of Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral
- Guided visit of Hermitage Museum
- Winter Palace and Vasilyevsky Island (photo stop)
- Canal cruise
- Guided visit of Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Visit of Lower Gardens of Peterhof Palace
- Lunch included
What we will do
- On the first day, we will head to Pushkin, the town where Catherine Palace awaits us, the most magnificent of all the summer residences occupied by Russian Tsars.
- There we will visit a series of enchanting rooms like the Throne Room and the famous Amber Room, once considered the eighth wonder of the world. Plundered by the Nazis during the Second World War, it was rebuilt piece by piece by expert Russian artisans with the help of renowned photographers and archivists, with the aim of reproducing the original shape and colour exactly.
- After the tour of the palace and the hypnotising richness of the amber, we will enjoy a stroll through the residence's wonderful gardens. We will walk along pathways dotted with charming pavilions concentrated along the central lake in these 1,400-acre gardens.
- Then we will return to the city centre to sample a typical Russian lunch at a local restaurant before heading to the Peter and Paul Fortress of St. Petersburg for a guided tour of the cathedral of the same name. We will pause at the tombs of Tsars in this sacred place and admire the rich collection of trophies taken from the cities conquered during the Nothern War(1700-1721).
- An absolute must on our tour of St. Petersburg is, of course, the Hermitage. Established in 1764 as Catherine the Great's private museum, only accessible by her and her closest acquaintances, it is now the biggest art museum in Russia. Its collection includes around 3 million works and covers several buildings including the Little Hermitage, a refuge for the empress and her masterpieces, the Old Hermitage and the New Hermitage, opened to the public in 1852.
- On the second day, we will set off on our coach for a sightseeing tour of the city, passing the most famous historical places like Palace Square, the Winter Palace and Vasilyevsky Island, bordered by two rostral columns.
- We will leave the coach and embark on a cruise along the city's canals. That is how we will spend the next hour, passing the wonderful palaces overlooking the river and sailing beneath picturesque bridges.
- The highlight of the day will be the visit to the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, magnificent with its stunning combination of colours.
- Refuelled after a typical Russian lunch, we will head to Peterhof Palace, the Tsars' most beautiful summer residence, built by Peter the Great to compete with Versailles. In this maze of palaces, fountains and gardens, we will visit the Lower Gardens: 300 acres packed with pavilions and palaces overlooking the Gulf of Finland, where we will be enchanted by 160 fountains with four waterfalls decorated with statues of mythological characters.
- After visiting these majestic gardens, we will get back on the coach that will take us back to the port.
What you need to know
- No shopping preview, more time for Museums!
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The coach transfer to Puškin (Catherine Palace) takes approximately 1 hour.
- It is not permitted to use cameras inside the Amber Room.
- The coach transfer to Peterhof takes approximately 1 hour.
- The tour includes a wait before visiting the Hermitage and an itinerary on foot lasting approximately 2 hours.
- Due to its size, it is not possible to visit the entire museum; the museum's management team will decide which areas we will see.
- The boat has indoor and outdoor seats. In the case of adverse weather conditions, you are advised to wear suitable clothing.
- The price of the excursion includes tickets to use cameras and/or video cameras inside the palace.
- Headsets are included in the tour.
- The order of the visits may be reversed.
- The tour involves a lot of walking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- Suitable clothing is recommended for entrance to places of worship.
- During religious celebrations the visit will be from outside only.
- Wheelchairs and pushchairs are not allowed inside palaces and museums.