TALLINN: NEW AND OLD CITY BY BIKE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Entertainment
A ride into the heart of the medieval and more contemporary part of the city to discover the two historic souls of Tallinn.
What we will see
- Kadriorg Park and Palace, the Presidential Palace
- Auditorium and Pirita of the Estonian Song Festival
- Old City, the Fat Margaret Tower, Church of St. Olav
- Raekoja Square, City Hall and Raeapteek
What we will do
- We go riding our bikes and be right in the Kadriorg Park, the green oasis in the center of Tallinn commissioned by Peter the Great. In this beautiful natural space we admire the Baroque Palace of Peter and Catherine (now museum of foreign art) and the Presidential Palace.
- We ride towards Pirita, with a stop at the great arch of the Auditorium of the Estonian Song Festival,musical event that takes place regularly for 150 years.
- On the way back we follow the coast road, admiring the magnificent views on the horizon, until reaching the romantic Old Town, preserved well enough to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Along the ancient walls breathe the atmosphere of this medieval city belonged to the Hanseatic League, with its narrow streets and numerous churches.
- We then pass by the Fat Margaret Tower and the Church of St. Olav and take a longer stop in Raekoja Square, where there are the fourteenth-century Town Hall and Raeapteek, the oldest pharmacy in the Baltic countries.
- We leave our bikes in a deposit and we use the rest of the time available as we please before getting on the bus that takes us back to the ship.
What you need to know
- The tour does not feature a guide. A local guide will provide general information in English.
- Space is limited so be sure to book early.
- The itinerary may vary.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
We recommend wearing sport clothing. - The Safety Helmet provided must be worn during the excursion. - A certain degree of phisical fitness is recommended for this excursion.