EXPLORING BARCELONA AND ITS MANY FLAVOURS
This excursion is perfect for anyone who loves to discover a city at a relaxed pace, walking through its streets and squares, exploring unusual nooks and crannies, not forgetting tasting some Spanish cuisine.
What we will see
- El Born district: Palau de la Música Catalana and church of Santa Maria del Mar
- Gothic Quarter
- Plaça Sant Jaume, Plaça del Rei, Jewish quarter and Plaça de Sant Felip Neri
- La Rambla and La Boquería market
- Barcelona Cathedral
What we will do
- Our pleasant walk through the capital of Catalonia will start in the El Born district, today one of the most sophisticated parts of the city. We will walk past the Palau de la Música Catalana, the most prestigious concert hall in Barcelona, and the church of Santa Maria del Mar, one of the best examples of Catalan Gothic architecture.
- Next, we will explore another historic district, the Barrio Gótico or Gothic Quarter, where we will discover works of art and amazing historical views at every step.
- We will cross Plaça Sant Jaume, the heart of political life in Barcelona where the Town Hall lies, and then we will pass through Plaça del Rei. The square is a true gem surrounded by beautiful Gothic buildings. We will continue on to the Jewish Quarter and Plaça de Sant Felip Neri, the scene of some tragic events during the Spanish Civil War.
- Then we will reach the Rambla and the most famous market in the city on one side of it, called La Boquería. The market sells all kinds of traditional Spanish and Catalan foods, such as the famous Serrano ham, the spicy sausage called chorizo, typical cheeses like mató and manchego, as well as a wide variety of fruit from all over the world. During the visit to the market, we will be offered a drink and a tapa (snack).
- Finally, we will head back towards the port. Along the way, we will stop at the Cathedral, a magnificent Gothic building dating back to the 13th century with typical spires that soar up towards the sky. We will have some free time there before we return to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.