DISCOVERING PALMA AND ITS FLAVOURS
An interesting excursion revealing the architectural beauty of the city of Palma. Dulcis in fundo: A typical Spanish tapas tasting session accompanied by a nice glass of sangria.
What we will see
- Escollera, coast
- Llotja (external tour), Palace of La Almudaina, Cathedral of Santa Maria (La Seu)
- Tapas and sangria
What we will do
- Palma is famous for the sea, its mild year-round climate and the range of entertainment it offers. But Mallorca's capital is not just seaside tourism and nightlife. The city boasts a plethora of wonderful monuments and buildings and has a delightful old town where getting lost is a delight.
- The tour will begin at the Escollera where we can admire the stunning coast, and then we will stroll through the narrow streets that lead to the city's most iconic monuments, such as: La Llotja (or Lonja), a magnificent Gothic building formerly a trade exchange centre, now used for cultural events and other official functions; the Royal Palace of La Almudaina, home to the King of Spain when he visits the island; and the majestic Gothic cathedral of Santa Maria (La Seu), the most famous building in the city, rebuilt between 1904 and 1914 under Antonio Gaudí's orders. On the main façade, don't miss the Gothic Eye (Ojo del Gótico), one of the largest Gothic rose windows in Europe.
- We will continue our walk through the old town and head to a bar, La Quinta Puñeta, where we will stop to taste the excellent tapas accompanied by a nice, cool glass of sangria.
- After the tasting we will return to the Escollera and catch the coach back to the ship. Guests have the option of extending the visit and returning at a later time.
What you need to know
- Coach transfer to the Escollera followed by a walking tour.
- Monuments and buildings will only be seen from the outside.