LINDESNES LIGHTHOUSE AND NORWAY'S SOUTH CAPE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
An excursion to the lighthouse at Lindesnes, the southernmost point of the Scandinavian Peninsula, which is now a museum: a charming and evocative place surrounded by a spectacular landscape.
What we will see
- Excursion by coach
- Lindesnes lighthouse, museum, guided tour, South Cape of the Scandinavian Peninsula, free time, tea and a muffin
- Coast road, Panoramic views
- Høllen, photo stop
What we will do
- Built in 1655, Lindesnes is Norway's oldest lighthouse. It is located at the southernmost point of the Scandinavian Peninsula, 2518 km from North Cape. The lighthouse has been designated a national lighthouse museum, and hosts various exhibitions related to the history and development of lighthouses and maritime culture. The view from the top of the lighthouse over the coastal landscape is simply spectacular.
- Upon arrival at the lighthouse we are greeted by the lighthouse keeper who shows us a film about the history of the building. A guide then accompanies us in a tour of the museum after which we have some free time and those who wish can climb the stairs to the top of the lighthouse. Alternatively we can sit and enjoy the spectacular view of the waves breaking on the rocks below us.
- Before boarding our coach again we are served a home baked Lighthouse Muffin, together with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Our return journey to Kristiansand follows a different route from the way we came, going along the coast road, where there are idyllic summer houses and panoramic views that are typical of southern Norway.
- When we arrive in Høllen, a small suburb of Kristiansand, we have a short photo stop before continuing along the scenic North Sea Road back to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The film at the lighthouse will be shown in English with German subtitles.
- This excursion is purely scenic and involves long coach journeys.
- It is possible to reach the top of the lighthouse by climbing a staircase with 100 steps, we recommend you wear comfortable shoes. *This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.