A HIKE IN KEISERVARDEN
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A reinvigorating walk among the Keiservarden and Rønvikfjellet peaks to admire the amazing Norwegian fjords and the surrounding scenery from above - a truly breath-taking emotion!
What we will see
- Keiservarden (or Veten) peak
- Rønvikfjellet peak and view point
What we will do
- We set off on our coach headed to Keiservarden or Veten, a mountain near Bodø very popular with the locals.
- Once at the Rønvikfjellet view point we take a relatively easy trail that takes us up to 366 meters above sea level and offers panoramic 360° views. This peak is named after Wilhelm II, the German Emperor and King of Prussia who visited it in 1899 and, every summer, it provides a wonderful setting for live music evenings.
- On the way back, we head to Rønvikfjellet peak and end our walk with a transfer to the jetty.
What you need to know
- Comfortable trekking shoes and clothing are recommended.
- The walking excursion lasts about 2 hour and 30 minutes.
- All participants will be handed a bottle of water and a chocolate bar.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- We are bound by the timetable set by the local operator, which is communicated to the ship the day prior to the excursion depending on the different language options required. As such, we are unable to make changes to the excursion timetable.