KJENNDALEN GLACIER BY BOAT AND BY BUS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
A pleasant excursion in close contact with nature, crossing the delightful valley of Kjenndalen to discover the fjords, mountains, waterfalls and glaciers which form this typical Norwegian landscape.
What we will see
- Kjenndalen Valley
- Kjenndalen Glacier
- Lake Lovatnet
What we will do
- We begin our excursion from the village of Olden, nestling at the head of the Innvikfjord, an arm of the Nordfjord. A pleasant village surrounded by towering mountains, superb waterfalls and several glaciers, Olden is a popular resort for both residents and tourists alike.
- Our coach will take us along the shores of the fjord to Loen, another popular holiday resort with a very tiny population. Its beauty and wonderful location have attracted many tourists. Loen lies between two fjords, not far from Lake Lovatnet, and is surrounded by various glaciers, towering mountains and lush vegetation.
- Our coach now moves on to the Kjenndalen valley, where we'll stop and walk to a wonderful viewpoint to see the Kjenndalen glacier, one of the arms of the mightier Jostedalsbreen glacier, the largest in mainland Europe.
- Back on board our coach, we move on to the Kjenndalen mountain, where we'll stop briefly for refreshments.
- Next, we'll take a boat trip across Lake Lovatnet, during which we can relax and take in the wonderful view. We'll be able to see the Ravnefjellet (Raven's Mountain), the ill-fated mountain famous for the rockslides which caused tidal waves which destroyed many farms along the lakeside twice last century.
- On our arrival in Sande, we exchange the boat for our coach and the journey back to Olden.
What you need to know
- The walk from Kjenndalen to the glacier takes 20 minutes.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- We recommend comfortable,slip resistant shoes shoes and warm clothing.