BUCCOO CORAL REEF ON-BOARD A GLASS-BOTTOMED BOAT
Nature excursion, Swimming
Lovers of the underwater world cannot miss this excursion - a chance to admire the amazing Buccoo coral reef first from a glass-bottomed boat and then directly in the water, for an even more thrilling experience.
What we will see
- Pigeon Point Beach
- Buccoo coral reef
- Coral Gardens
- Nylon Pool
- Tropical lagoon
What we will do
- We leave the ship behind in Scarborough and travel along the Claude Noel Highway towards the Pigeon Point Beach.
- We cross a stretch of sea only a few centimetres deep on foot and board a glass-bottomed boat - the Buccoo coral reef awaits us!
- During the excursion, we sail above the Coral Gardens while the captain points out marine animals and corals before heading towards the reef, where we drop anchor and jump into the water to see underwater life up close.
- We continue to the Nylon Pool a sandy bank where we can swim in waters just over one metre deep.
- Before returning to Pigeon Point Beach and to our ship, we pass through another lovely tropical lagoon.
What you need to know
- The transfer from the port of Scarborough to Pigeon Point Beach takes approximately 15 minutes.