HIKING IN ILHA GRANDE
Nature excursion, Swimming
A pleasant walk among the natural beauties of Ilha Grande and the cultural beauties of its largest village, Vila do Abraão, followed by a refreshing dip in the waters of heavenly beaches.
What we will see
- Vila do Abraão
- Praia Preta
- Caminho da Colina
- Old aqueduct
- Cachoeira da Poção
- Church of Saint Sebastian
What we will do
- We start our lovely walk to get to know the places of interest and admire the natural beauties of Vila do Abraão with our guide, who provides us with interesting information on the eventful past of what is now considered an ecological paradise.
- We stop for a dip in waters of the heavenly Praia Preta, i.e. “black beach”, named after the colour of its quartz-rich sand.
- We then restart our walk along Caminho da Colina as far as the old aqueduct, followed by another stop to cool down with a dip at Cachoeira da Poção.
- On our way back to Abraão, before heading to the port, we also visit the charming Church of Saint Sebastian, built over 150 years ago.
What you need to know
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel and sun cream.
- The excursion is only recommended to people used to long walks.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Portuguese and Spanish speaking guides only.