TOUR OF SAINT LUCIA AMID HISTORY, CULTURE AND NATURE
Sightseeing, Swimming, Drink included
A pleasant excursion to discover the history, culture and nature of Saint Lucia and fully indulge ourselves in the lively welcoming atmosphere typical of this Caribbean island, where we can discover unspoilt places and corners of paradise of rare beauty.
What we will see
- Castries, Morne Fortune
- Caribelle Batik and souvenir shop
- Old Victoria Road (banana orchards and breath-taking views), Ti-Rocher, Babonneau, Paix Bouche, Balata villages
- "Lushan Country Life": walk among tropical trees, bushes, vines, flowers, butterflies and birds
- Pigeon Island: nature reserve, remains and ruins of old battles, view over Rodney Bay
- Reduit Beach
What we will do
- We leave the port behind and delve into the heart of Castries, the capital founded by the French in 1650. The city is named after Charles Eugène Gabriel de la Croix, Marquis of Castries, and was destroyed by various fires over the centuries to be completely restored after 1948. Today, it is a typical Caribbean city protected by the bay on one side and by the fortifications, now civil buildings, on the other.
- We move on to Morne Fortune along a windy yet picturesque road. The residential areas surrounded by lush vegetation create a typical tropical atmosphere. First stop: view of Morne Fortune. From the top of the mount, it is possible to see the port and the city of Castries in all its beauty, and on the clearest and sunniest days, it is possible to see as far as the coast of Martinique. We then continue towards Caribelle Batik. Second stop: Caribelle Batik.
- Located not far from Castries, this four-floor Victorian house (haunted by ghosts according to popular tradition) is where West Indian Sea Island cotton is produced. We will have the chance to observe the fascinating batik fabric decoration technique. We will also have time to browse around the souvenir shop and buy a few items to take home with us.
- Our excursion continues along the Old Victoria Road, surrounded by banana orchards and breath-taking views passing through charming villages such as Ti-Rocher, Babonneau, Paix Bouche and Balata, where we can appreciate the rural part of the island first-hand. Third stop: "Lushan Country Life".
- Our tour also involves a lovely walk to discover unspoilt corners of paradise of rare beauty and immerse ourselves in the typical vegetation among tropical trees, bushes, vines and flowers and admire native animals such as butterflies, insects and numerous birds that accompany our excursion with their singing. Refreshments await us at the end of our walk. Fourth stop: Pigeon Island.
- We proceed towards the northern part of the island to reach the Pigeon Island nature reserve. Despite its name, Pigeon Island is not an island but a small peninsula (of about 16 acres) jutting out into the sea on the north-western coast of St. Lucia. Once a pirate hideout and a Carib settlement, it is now possible to see the ruins and remains of ancient battles. We can enjoy a stroll along paths that take us through the tranquillity of an extremely well-kept environment, without missing the lovely views over Rodney Bay (a popular tourist area thanks to its restaurants and night-life, the bay is also the most important international marina in St. Lucia). Fifth stop: Reduit Beach.
- Before our excursion ends, we can decide whether to go for a swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean sea or relax on the amazing Reduit Beach, a well-equipped beach in the Rodney Bay hotel area lapped by the calm sea perfect for water sports.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget your swim suit, beach towel, sun cream and sunglasses.