TRANSFER TO GONZAGA BEACH
Sightseeing, Swimming, Shopping
With crowded streets, shopping centres, large hotels, a fabulous beach and a promenade garden, the Gonzaga district is the city of Santos in miniature, somewhere we can relax by the sea, shop or immerse ourselves in local life, including small stores and historic trams.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Santos
- Gonzaga beach and district
- Time out at the sea and shopping
What we will do
- We leave the port for a sightseeing tour of Santos, passing through some of the main tourist points of the city and the waterfront.
- We arrive at Gonzaga Beach, a district built in 1889 that owes its name to a bar owned by Luis Antonio Gonzaga. Indeed Bar Gonzaga is on the avenue next to the beach.
- Along the coast of this stunning crescent of sand we find the garden on the longest beach in the world, also included in the Guinness Book of Records, a really lovely place to visit and photograph.
- In the time available we can freely enjoy the many attractions of the area, primarily the beach with its wide open spaces and waves breaking on the shore. We can relax on the golden sand, sunbathe a little or go for a swim.
- The Gonzaga district is also a great shopping destination. The streets around the waterfront abound with shops, ice cream parlours and restaurants. The Miramar Shopping Centre is also just a short distance away.
- People who prefer to immerse themselves in the life of the district should visit Praça da Independencia and Praça das Bandeiras icons of the city's life and history.
What you need to know
- Space is limited, so be sure to book early.
- Don't forget a towel and sun cream.
- On the beach you can rent sun loungers and umbrellas.
- There are around 150 minutes of free time at Gonzaga Beach and the surrounding area.