ADVENTURE ON THE LANGJÖKULL GLACIER
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Packed lunch
A thrilling glacier adventure on the second largest ice cap in Iceland, ending with a packed lunch in a lodge like true mountaineers.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour headed north
- Deildartunguhver thermal springs
- Langjökull glacier
- Excursion on the glacier with driver
- Packed lunch in a lodge
- Hraunfoss and Barnafoss waterfalls
What we will do
- We leave Reykjavík behind us and venture on a thrilling sightseeing tour headed north along an itinerary leading from the spectacular ragged coast inland, where the landscape gets even rougher.
- Our first stop is the Deildartunguhver thermal springs, which let out incredible steam clouds: part of the water is used for district heating through pipes that are over 60 km long. It is the largest hot water spring in Europe.
- We then reach the Langjökull glacier, the second largest icecap in Iceland whose white rugged outline stands out against the lava stone background.
- An expert driver takes us on an unforgettable journey through snow and ice: nothing else surrounds us except blue skies.
- After this thrilling glacier excursion, we enjoy a packed lunch in the comfort of a mountain lodge.
- On our way back, we stop to admire the surreal and picturesque setting of the Hraunfoss and Barnafoss waterfalls, the ideal place to take impressive photographs.
What you need to know
- The time spent on the glacier will depend on weather conditions and level of the snow.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.