PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - SAINT VINCENT BY LAND AND SEA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Meal included
Searching for the pirates of the Caribbean - let us explore Wallalibou, the evocative mysterious setting of the famous saga starring Johnny Depp, and satisfy our need for adventure with a visit to the bat cave.
What we will see
- Wallalibou:”Pirates of the Caribbean” village
- Dark View Falls
- Bat cave
- Packed lunch
What we will do
- This excursion enables us to discover the marvels of Saint Vincent by land and sea.
- A half an hour drive will take us to the lee side of the island regardless of the means of transport chosen (coach or boat).
- The village of Wallilabou looks familiar to anyone who’s watched Pirates of the Caribbean, as it was the set for the film. The village welcomes us with a series of dilapidated huts overlooking the bay and surrounded by vegetation that looks both protective and menacing at the same time. Beware! Captain Jack Sparrow may rush down from the mountain any time!
- At Dark View, we then admire a lovely 33 metre waterfall.
- After a small bamboo and rope bridge, we are welcomed by a landscape doted with bamboo trees. The spectacular Dark View Falls gush down a rocky wall into a small natural pool where we can go for a dip and let ourselves be massaged by the cool water.
- An excursion to Saint Vincent would not be complete without a visit to the entrance of the Bat Cave.
- As soon as we enter the cave, we hear the shrieks of its residents and see the silver fish seeking refuge from the sun in the shallow waters of the cave. The caves open onto a 14 metre underwater crevice providing a great photo opportunity.
- During our boat ride, we can sunbathe or enjoy a swim or a dive.
- A packed lunch at a restaurant or eco-lodge on the beach is served during the visit.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- Please bring snorkeling equipment