SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF GÖTEBORG AND UNIVERSEUM VISIT
A fascinating tour to discover lovely Göteborg, a city crossed by water as you would expect in any northern city. The tour includes the main and most significant sights and also gives us the chance to put our brains and ingenuity to the test as we try our hand at the experiments in its large science museum, the Universeum, suitable for adults and children alike. An experience not to be missed!
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Göteborg
- Gustav Adolf square and Opera House
- Götaplatsen square and Poseidon bronze statue
- Event district: Svenska Mässan, Scandinavium and Ullevi Stadion
- Universeum, National science museum: rainforest with exotic flora and fauna, aquarium with sharks and giant stingrays, chemistry and space lab, Kalejdo and Explora sections
What we will do
- We start our sightseeing tour of Göteborg by crossing Gustav Adolf square the hub of public life and seat of the Town Hall built in 1673. This square is one of the city’s main squares and is named after the famous 17th-century Swedish king and great leader who founded Göteborg.
- As we head towards the river, we remain enchanted as we take in the majestic Post-Modern Opera House overlooking the water.
- At the end of the magnificent Avenyn boulevard, we come across another famous square: Götaplatsen, inaugurated in 1923 on the occasion of an international fair to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the founding of the city. The square represents the cultural hub of the city with its Auditorium, Art Museum, Theatre and Municipal library. At the centre of the square, we admire the majestic bronze statue of Poseidon by Carl Milles and one of the city’s symbols.
- We explore the nearby event district featuring the*Svenska Mässan exhibition and congress centre, the **Scandinavium, i.e. the city's most important arena hosting shows and sports events and the **Ullevi Stadion* built for the 1958 Football World Cup which is also home to the local team, IFK Göteborg.
- The last stop on this interesting tour of the marvels of Göteborg takes us to the Universeum, the National Science Museum as well as the largest Centre for scientific discoveries in Scandinavia boasting many attractions and activities for all the family.
- It features different exhibition areas over 7 floors and includes the rainforest with exotic flora and fauna, the aquarium with sharks and giant stingrays, the chemistry and space lab as well as sections given over to reptiles and spiders. In the ocean section, we can admire thousands of sea species by crossing a see-through tunnel surrounded by water.
- Science and technology enthusiasts can enjoy the Kalejdo and Explora sections where they can discover more on the world that surrounds us, on how our organism works as well as experiment with sound and colour.
- After visiting the Universeum, we return to the port and our ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.