THE ROAD TO SANTIAGO AMIDST NATURE AND SPIRITUALITY
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Tasting
We cover a part of the Road to Santiago, in contact with Nature and spirituality, before arriving in the city of Santiago to visit the Cathedral. In our free time we have a taste of Spanish cuisine in a splendid 15th century hotel.
What we will see
- Road to Santiago
- Santiago Cathedral
- Lunch with traditional tapas
What we will do
The coach takes us to the point of departure of our walk.
- Even though this is the part of the "Road to Santiago" which is meant to be covered after arriving in Santiago, today it is one of Santiago's most fascinating walking itineraries. Other sections of the French Way lead to the centre of Santiago along new roads with modern buildings.
- Once we reach the point of departure a 5 km walk awaits us; a winding trail through forests, mountains and rivers.
- During our walk we will be immersed in Nature for a totally unique experience, in which meditation and spirituality come together in search of an often lost contact with the beating heart of the world. The excursion ends in Santiago with the visit to the Cathedral, one of the most important Catholic sanctuaries and the burial place of the Apostle Saint James the Greater, patron saint of Spain and Christian martyr. The most important aspects of the building will be illustrated to us by a guide. It will be possible to visit the interior independently.
- In our free time we can go for an enjoyable walk in the picturesque alleys of the historic centre. We can then enjoy a lovely tapas lunch, the traditional Spanish finger food, and other typical delicacies at the Parador de los Reyes Catolicos, an exclusive five star hotel built in 1499 to accommodate pilgrims when they arrived in Santiago.
- After lunch, we still have a little more free time before going back to Vigo.
What you need to know
- The length of the Cathedral visit and the free time available may vary depending on the time taken for the walk.