BOAT TRIP AND COACH TO TROLLFJORD
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
North of the Arctic Circle lies a place that is so incredible there are no words to describe it. A place that has to be seen to be believed. These are the Lofoten Islands, with the town of Svolvær at their heart. This excursion will take us to explore it.
What we will see
- Rich fauna
- Svolvær and cod fisheries
- Excellent lunch
- Mountains and breathtaking landscapes
- Artists Åse and Åsvar Tangrand and the art of glass blowing
- Impressive view of the beaches and the ocean
What we will do
- Our journey takes place in the mouth of the Trollfjord: only 100 metres wide, with a maximum width of 800 metres inside and surrounded by mountains ranging from 600 to 1100 metres in height.
- For centuries, the fjord has boasted a very rich fauna, which has fascinated thousands of visitors. We, too, will have the chance to catch sight of eagles, seals and a large variety of birds.
- A relaxing cruise takes us to Svolvær. The town's economy has always depended on the area's cod fisheries.
- We'll treat ourselves to an excellent lunch before leaving to return to our ship.
- On our way back, we'll stop amidst steep mountains and look out over the harsh, windy coast.
- At Vikten we'll visit an artist couple, Åse and Åsvar Tangrand, in their Glass Hut, where we can admire first-hand the art of glass blowing and enjoy the impressive view overlooking the beach and the ocean.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.