DISCOVERY WALKING TOUR OF SAN JUAN AND ITS FORTRESS
We will experience the emotions of a walking tour in one of the Caribbean's most beautiful cities, rich with history and art boasting unquestionable charm.
What we will see
- San Juan
- Fort of San Felipe del Morro
- Quincentennial Square and San José Square
- Church of San José
- Cathedral and chapel
- La Rogativa Statue
What we will do
- We will travel along the paved roads and historic buildings and visit the striking fortress which defends the entry to the port of San Juan, the fort of San Felipe del Morro, erected in the 16th Century. We will explore the museum and allow ourselves to be taken in by the marvellous gardens which provide a unique view of the Bay of San Juan and the coast.
- We will continue our walk towards the Quincentennial Square and San José Square. We will be able to admire the unique architecture of the church of San José, dating back to 1523, and will descend towards Cristo Street towards the Cathedral and Chapel.
- Before returning to the ship, we will have the opportunity to take photos at the La Rogativa Statue, the symbol of the city of San Juan and its population.
What you need to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Entry to Morro Castle included.
- The journey is approximately 800 metres/1.2 kilometres.
- The temperature in San Juan is primarily high we therefore recommend you dress accordingly and bring sun cream.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.