GRAND TOUR OF ST. PETERSBURG AND CLASSICAL DANCE SHOW
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
Two days to immerse ourselves in this magical city, see all the best of St. Petersburg and attend an unforgettable Russian ballet show.
What we will see
- Guided visit of Catherine Palace: Throne Room, Amber Room and gardens
- Guided visit of Lower Gardens of Peterhof Palace
- Russian ballet show at the theatre
- Winter Palace and Vasilyevsky Island (photo stop)
- Canal cruise
- Guided visit of Hermitage Museum
- Lunch included
What we will do
- On the first day, we will head to Pushkin, the town where Catherine Palace awaits us, the most magnificent of all the summer residences occupied by Russian Tsars.
- There we will visit a series of enchanting rooms like the Throne Room and the famous Amber Room, once considered the eighth wonder of the world. This majestic palace will enchant us with its dazzling opulence and the warmth of its amber, lemon and dark red tones.
- After our guided tour inside the palace, we will enjoy a brief stroll through the residence's wonderful gardens. We will walk along pathways dotted with charming smaller buildings along the central lake in these 107-hectare gardens.
- We will then set off again to Peterhof, also known as Petrodvorets, the most beautiful of the Tsars' summer residences and a maze of palaces, fountains and gardens built by Peter the Great to compete with Versailles.
- Refuelled after a typical Russian lunch at a local restaurant, we will head to the Lower Gardens: 120 hectares packed with pavilions and palaces overlooking the Gulf of Finland, where we will be enchanted by over 150 fountains with four waterfalls decorated with statues of mythological characters.
- At the end of our visit, we will head back to the coach and return to the ship. Then we will get smartened up before setting off for one of the most famous theatres in St. Petersburg where we will attend a Russian ballet performance.
- The next day, we will set off on our coach for a sightseeing tour of the city, passing the most famous historical places like Palace Square, the Winter Palace and Vasilyevsky Island, bordered by two rostral columns. Our final stop will be the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood where we can take some photos.
- Our tour will continue with a cruise along the rivers and canals that cut through the city for 300 km. Whilst the coloured domes and fairy-tale buildings bewitch us with their reflections twinkling on the water, our guide will tell us stories and legends about the noble families that once owned the buildings on the riverbank.
- An absolute must on our tour of St. Petersburg is, of course, the Hermitage. Established in 1764 as Catherine the Great's private museum, only accessible by her and her closest acquaintances, it is now the biggest art museum in Russia. The collection includes around 3 million works and spans four buildings: the Winter Palace, the Little Hermitage, the Old Hermitage and the New Hermitage. A trusty expert guide will help us to fully appreciate the masterpieces kept in this labyrinth.
What you need to know
- No shopping preview, more time for Museums!
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The coach transfer to Puškin (Catherine Palace) takes approximately 1 hour.
- It is not permitted to use cameras inside the Amber Room.
- The coach transfer to Peterhof takes approximately 1 hour.
- We recommend wearing suitable clothing for the theatre show (Guests will come back on board in order to get changed).
- The tour includes a wait before visiting the Hermitage and an itinerary on foot lasting approximately 2 hours.
- Due to its size, it is not possible to visit the entire museum; the museum's management team will decide which areas we will see.
- The boat has indoor and outdoor seats. In the case of adverse weather conditions you are advised to wear suitable clothing.
- The price of the excursion includes tickets to use cameras and/or video cameras inside the palace.
- Headsets are included in the tour.
- The order of the visits may be reversed.
- The tour involves a lot of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- Wheelchairs and pushchairs are not allowed inside palaces and museums.
- Minimum age: 6 years old.