SÉNANQUE ABBEY AND TOUR OF GORDES
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Lunch not included
Let us explore the heart of Provence, visiting an evocative abbey, exploring the countryside among stretches of colourful scented lavender ending with a tour of the perched hamlet of Gordes.
What we will see
- Sénanque abbey
- Tour among the lavender fields
- Free time
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Marseilles by coach and venture north into the heart of Provence.
- Our first stop is the Cistercian Sénanque Abbey, a 12th-century monastery located in the Vaucluse department, where the monks cultivate lavender and keep bees to produce honey. We visit the church, the only part of the abbey that is open to the public, and continue on our tour. * Sitting comfortably in our coach, we will go on a relaxing tour through wonderful lavender fields in full bloom, one of the symbols of the Provence region. * After stopping to take a few photos of this marvellous spectacle, our tour continues towards Gordes, a lovely hamlet perched on a rocky spur and considered one of the most beautiful in France.
- Our guide takes us to explore the old medieval heart of the town before giving us some free time to have lunch in a typical local restaurant or to do a bit of shopping. * At the end of the excursion, we board our coach again for an hour and a half's drive back to the port in Marseilles.
What you need to know
- Comfortable shoes are recommended. * We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. * Itinerary sequence may vary. * The tour is only available in June and July. * This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Marseilles.