THE ORIENTAL VILLAGE AND LANGKAWI CABLE CAR
A unique cable car experience allowing us to admire the breathtaking scenery of the Langkawi archipelago from above and see the true essence of this paradise on earth, not to mention a little time for shopping.
What we will see
- Oriental village
- Cable car ride up Mount Mat Cincang
- Panoramic view of the Langkawi archipelago
- Shopping in the village
- Sightseeing tour of the rice paddy fields
What we will do
- We will start our excursion at the oriental village, a shopping area built around a marvellous lake with scenic mountains as a backdrop.
- From there, we will embark on a cable car ride up Mount Mat Cincang, rising up to 709 metres above sea level, soaring over the waterfalls dotted across the jungle and the thick rainforest canopy.
- The cable car was built without creating any roads through the jungle and has the longest free span in the world between two stations. Inside our cabin that boasts panoramic views, we will experience the thrill of moving whilst suspended in the air!
- When we reach the top, we will enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the Langkawi archipelago. On a clear day, we may even be able to glimpse the coast of Thailand in the north and Indonesia in the south west.
- Then we will travel back down to the oriental village where we will have some free time for a spot of shopping in the various souvenir shops.
- On our way back, we will enjoy a relaxing sightseeing tour of the rice paddy fields before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The cable car operates in line with weather conditions.
- Should it not be in operation, it will be replaced with a visit to the Underwater World Aquarium.
- The excursion involves walking for about 1 hour and 45 minutes with uneven steps to the entrance to the cable car.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The cable car excursion is not recommended for guests who suffer from vertigo.