THE BEST OF SAINT THOMAS WITH RUM TASTING SESSION
A fascinating sightseeing tour to discover the breath-taking views of St. Thomas with a lovely stop at St. Peter Great House for a rum tasting session and a stroll around its amazing botanic gardens.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the coast
- Beacon Point
- Mahogany Run Golf Course
- Skyline Drive
- Drake's Seat
- Mountain Top
- St. Peter Great House & Botanical Gardens
- Rum tasting session
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and, on an open-top safari bus, we start our sightseeing tour along the hilly roads above the city, from where we can enjoy a view of the harbour and our ship.
- We see the island’s new photovoltaic park on the road towards Beacon Point, where we stop to admire the fascinating island of St. John and the eastern tip of St. Thomas.
- We pas by the Mahogany Run Golf Course with its famous "Devil's Triangle" , made up of the tough holes 13, 14 and 15, and reach the Skyline Drive, offering breathtaking views of the harbour and surrounding islands. On the clearest days, we can see as far as St. Croix.
- We continue towards Drake's Seat, from where we see the eastern coast of St. Thomas, as far as the famous Mountain Top, the highest part of the island, where we can enjoy unique views of the British Virgin Isles. We have some time to take a few pictures and buy a refreshing drink or a few local souvenirs.
- Our next stop is the historic St. Peter Great House & Botanical Gardens, a magnificent setting with 18th-century architecture which was once the heart of a large plantation.
- We are welcomed to the tasting area, where we can taste 17 different types of rum , some of which unbelievably strong!
- We stop by the panoramic terrace where we enjoy the sea breeze while taking a few pictures of the amazing views over Magen's Bay, with its characteristic heart shape, classified by many travel magazines as one of the ten best beaches in the world.
- We stroll through the lush botanical gardens, where we can observe many tropical plants such as breadfruit, mangoes, wild ginger plants and lovely orchids.
- We then return to the ship, with a feeling that we have truly seen the best St. Thomas has to offer.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Guests who take part in the morning excursion can get off the coach in the city centre and get back to the ship independently.