BALMORAL ISLAND: ENCOUNTER WITH DOLPHINS AND A DAY ON THE BEACH
A thrilling tour of the private Balmoral Island offering relaxation on the beach or by the pool, sports activities and above all else, the chance to see the dolphins up-close in their natural habitat and interact with them.
What we will see
- Balmoral Island: encounter with dolphins
- Relaxation on beach or by the swimming pool
What we will do
- Once we arrive on Balmoral Island, a genuine tropical paradise just over a kilometre from the coast and far from the confusion of the centre of Nassau, we will be welcomed by the staff, we will complete the documents required and release form and listen to a brief presentation on the dolphins and the programme.
- Once we enter the water to waist-height, we will be ready for the dolphin encounter: for the next 30 minutes, the instructor will present our dolphin and reply to questions, as well as briefing us on the most simpler to the most complex behaviours we must adopt. We may allow the dolphin to kiss us and pose for a photo, which we can buy at the end of the tour.
- We can spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach sunbathing on our sun loungers (included in the price) or diving into the crystal-clear waters.
- For the sportier people, it is possible to hire equipment for water sports (not motor-driven), such as snorkelling, kayaking and paddleboarding.
- For those who do not wish to stay on the beach, there is a swimming pool and to reward yourself that extra treat, it is possible to rent out huts in the pool area, however you must be quick as places are limited and are available until taken.
- There are four bars on the island, each with its own style and unique atmosphere, amongst which a bar serving iced tropical drinks which include margaritas, daiquiris and piña coladas.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide. Assistance will be provided by a local operator.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- Minors between 5 and 7 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult during the dolphin encounter.
- Pregnant women cannot take part to this tour.
- You must be able to swim.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult, whom will be asked to fill in and sign a release form.
- You cannot bring food and alcoholic drinks on the island. All types of food and alcoholic drinks will be confiscated.
- Taking your own photos is prohibited when encountering the dolphins in their habitat.
- Guests who have not purchased the "Dolphin encounter" option cannot enter the reserved area.
- To protect the dolphins, you cannot enter the water wearing jewellery and with cameras.
- Small safes are available to guests during the dolphin encounter only.
- Toilets, showers with clean water and fountains to rinse your sandy feet are available at various areas on the island.
- A limited number of parasols are available on the beach, however there are plenty of shady areas under the pergolas or in the bars.
- The distance from the ship to the minibus car park is approximately a 10-15 minute journey on foot.
- Upon returning to the port, port authority representatives must check documents and your Costa Card. We cannot be held responsible for any queues, in terms of our management and organisation.