PORTO VENERE, MONTEROSSO AND THE BEST OF THE CINQUE TERRE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Entertainment, Packed lunch
A magical excursion to admire the small fishing villages of the Cinque Terre from the sea, a UNESCO World Heritage site. We will also visit two of the area's most beautiful towns, Monterosso and Porto Venere, the pearl of the Gulf of Poets, which, with its charming coloured houses and the romantic church of San Pietro overlooking the sea, captivated famous writers such as Byron and Shelley.
What we will see
- A private boat trip
- Cinque Terre
- Porto Venere, church of San Pietro, free time
- Monterosso, lunch in a typical restaurant, free time
What we will do
- We will weigh anchor from the port of La Spezia aboard a private boat for Porto Venere, the smallest town in the province of La Spezia. One of its symbols is the church of San Pietro, built in the Genoese Gothic style and perched on a rock on the promontory overlooking the Strait of Porto Venere. Our guide will provide us with general information. We will have the opportunity to enjoy some free time to stroll around the village, before boarding our boat for Monterosso.
- En route, we will be able to admire the breathtaking landscape and the typical terraces used for growing grapes to produce the famous local wine Sciacchetrà.
- We will arrive in Monterosso, the largest of the five towns that make up the Cinque Terre. In the village, we will be able to enjoy some free time for lunch, shopping and admiring the view from the pebbly beach before setting sail once more to return to La Spezia.
What you need to know
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- Do not forget to bring a hat and sun cream.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- In the winter and in the event of adverse weather conditions, the transfer will be carried out by coach and train; the programme will also be changed to replace the stop in Porto Venere with a stop in Manarola.