VICTORIA AND THE NORTH OF THE ISLAND OF MAHE
Sightseeing, Drink included
Be enchanted by the exceptional beauty of the landscapes of Mahé, the largest island in the Seychelles. We'll admire an array of varied panoramas, immerse ourselves in the atmosphere of the capital and have the chance to plunge into the crystal-clear waters of the sea.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the centre and north of the island
- Botanical Gardens
- Tour of Victoria
- Local market and shopping
- Relaxing on the beach with a welcome drink
What we will do
- Having met our local guide, we board a coach and set off for a panoramic tour of the centre and north of the island.
- During the journey, we'll pass some of the typical scenery of Mahé: luxuriant vegetation, towering granite peaks , enchanting villages and magnificent beaches of global renown.
- We then return to Victoria, the archipelago's small capital, and visit the magnificent Botanical Gardens. They contain some of the most representative species of the local flora and fauna; the highlights are the colonies of giant tortoises and fruit bats, also known as flying foxes, and the coco de mer, the largest seed in the world, one of the symbols of the Seychelles.
- We'll get to know the capital further with a city tour, partly by coach and partly on foot, during which we can admire the main buildings such as the National Library, the historic clock tower, the National Museum and the Cathedral.
- We'll immerse ourselves in the lively atmosphere of the local market, where we'll have some free time for shopping.
- During the excursion we will have a short visit to one of the island's resorts.
- We'll be given a welcome drink and we'll have the opportunity to relax on the beach, sunbathe and swim in the crystal-clear waters that surround the Seychelles.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Don't forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.
- The vehicles used in this excursion vary in size, and some may lack air-conditioning.