MOUNT ETNA AND THE CRATERI SILVESTRI
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An excursion to the slopes of Mount Etna to discover the amazing Crateri Silvestri, combined with a short panoramic tour of Catania.
What we will see
- Crateri Silvestri
- Panoramic tour of Catania
What we will do
- We will set off from the port of Catania on an excursion in search of Sicily's natural landscapes. En route, we will have the opportunity to enjoy panoramic views as we wind our way up to the village of Nicolosi.
- We will pass through vineyards and valleys created from stratified lava as we continue up to an altitude of 2,000 metres. The vegetation changes as we climb: the Mediterranean maquis at a lower altitude gives way to a series of mountainous landscapes that gradually become more barren as the altitude increases.
- We will eventually reach the peaks of the Crateri Silvestri from where we can admire the volcano in all its spectacular yet terrifying beauty.
- We will have all the time we need to admire the landscape and take scenic photographs before returning back down the slopes towards Catania.
- On reaching the city, we will end our excursion with a brief panoramic tour of the historic centre of Catania, along Via Etnea, lined with stunning churches and imposing palaces in the Sicilian Baroque style.
What you need to know
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.