VISIT OF SOSUA AND RELAXATION ON THE BEACH
Swimming, Meal included
We will discover the coastal city of Sosua, founded to welcome Jewish refugees during World War Two. After immersing ourselves into the region's history, we will enjoy lunch comfortably seated in the restaurant with a splendid sea view and we will be able to relax on the beach before returning to the port.
What we will see
- City of Sosua: Jewish synagogue
- Lunch in restaurant with seaview
- Relaxation on beach
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Amber Cove and head towards Sosua, an elegant coastal city with splendid beaches, where we will have the opportunity to learn interesting facts about Dominican history.
- Sosua was founded in the early Forties during the previous century to accommodate Jewish refugees fleeing Hitler's Germany; during our visit, we will trace their history in this area of the Caribbean.
- We will visit the Jewish synagogue, one of the buildings that have remained as legacy of the Jews of the early days. Sosua has a functioning synagogue that performs all Shabbat and High Holidays services.
- At the end of the visit, a delicious lunch in a beachfront restaurant awaits and relaxation on the beach before returning to Amber Cove.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- The journey to Sosúa takes approximately 1 hour.