VISIT OF SOSUA AND RELAXATION ON THE BEACH
We will discover the coastal city of Sosua, founded to welcome Jewish refugees during World War Two. After immersing ourselves into the region's history, we will enjoy lunch comfortably seated in the restaurant with a splendid sea view and we will be able to relax on the beach before returning to the port.
What we will see
- City of Sosua: Jewish synagogue and museum
- Lunch in restaurant with seaview
- Relaxation on beach
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Amber Cove and head towards Sosua, an elegant coastal city with splendid beaches, where we will have the opportunity to learn interesting facts about Dominican history.
- Sosua was founded in the early Forties during the previous century to accommodate Jewish refugees fleeing Hitler's Germany; during our visit, we will trace their history in this area of the Caribbean.
- We will visit*the Jewish synagogue and museum*, perpetually enriched with photographs, personal objects and donations which serve to testify the history of Jewish immigrants within the region.
- At the end of the visit, a delicious lunch in a beachfront restaurant awaits and relaxation on the beachbefore returning to Amber Cove.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- The journey to Sosúa takes approximately 1 hour.