Rio de Janeiro
TOUR OF THE IGUAZÚ WATERFALLS - double room, 4 days, 3 nights
Sightseeing, Jeep 4-Wheel-Drive ATV, Nature excursion, Entertainment, Meal included
A complete tour to discover the marvellous Iguazú Waterfalls on the border between Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the seven wonders of the world. A truly unmissable spectacle of nature!
What we will see
- Iguazú Waterfalls made up of 275 drops
- Devil's Throat
- Navigation on Zodiac rafts
- 2-night stay at Loi Suites Iguazu
- 1-night stay in Buenos Aires
- Dinner and tango performance in Buenos Aires
What we will do
- We set off to discover the spectacular Iguazú Waterfalls on the border between Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. The locals call them the “Great Waters” and in fact the name derives from the Guaraní words “y” (waters) and “guasu” (great). The waterfalls are part of the Iguazú National Park, which covers approximately 2,250 km², 550 of which are in Argentina and 1,700 of which are in Brazil. The park was created in 1939 and both the Argentinian and Brazilian parts were declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1984 and 1986 respectively. The waterfalls are made up of 275 spectacular drops of different widths and heights (some of them exceeding 70 metres, double the height of Niagara Falls) and develop along 2.7 km of the Iguazu river.
- After a short 45-minute flight from Rio de Janeiro airport, we reach Foz do Iguaçu where we start our discovery tour of the amazing Iguazù waterfalls.
- A path through the woods leads us to the station where the train takes us to the start of a 2 km trail along which we can admire the most majestic and spectacular Iguazú waterfall: the Garganta del diablo, i.e. the Devil’s Throat (72 metres high) a U-shaped gorge 150 metres deep and 700 metres long on the border between Argentina and Brazil. The resounding rumble of the water cascading and the rainbow droplets rising from the gorge are a manifestation of the indomitable power of nature. * The navigation in semi-rigid boats (Zodiac rafts) provides us with unforgettable thrills as we take in the evocative views over one of the grandest natural displays in the world.
- We spend two nights in the splendid Loi Suites Iguazu 5-star hotel located in the tropical rainforest and one night in a 5-star hotel in Buenos Aires**.
- Once in Buenos Aires, an evening of music, dancing and fun awaits us with a dinner and a tango performance* as well as a panoramic tour of the city’s main sights.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring sun cream, clothes suitable for warm weather and a light waterproof jacket in case of sudden downpours (which are frequent due to the tropical climate).
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- In the event of cancellation for whatever reason (including medical reasons with a medical certificate), air tickets and hotel reservation costs included in the price of the tour will not be refunded. Such expenses will be charged to your on-board account.
- To participate in the excursion, you must bring your passport with you.
- Passports and personal belongings are your responsibility and must be kept safe and not left unattended during the entire excursion.
- Visa limitations are only applied to Canadian/US guests. Please check visa requirements with the Brazilian embassy in your country before booking the tour.
- Tickets for infants up to 2 years old are subject to airport taxes and local expenses for hotel services.