DISCOVERING TANGIER WITH TASTING SESSION OF MOROCCAN DISHES
A tour to discover Tangier, known as the "white city", allowing ourselves to be tempted by the markets, traditional Moroccan cuisine and the thousands of attractions which make it a cosmopolitan and magical city.
What we will see
- Medina with souk and fish market
- Small Souk
- Lunch in a restaurant sampling typical Moroccan cuisine
What we will do
- We will begin our tour of Tangiers by coach from the port heading to the medina. Once we arrive at our destination, we will leave the coach to walk along the narrow and busy roads of the old medina, passing by the fruit and vegetable souk and the fish market. As has always been the case, the medina of Tangier is a source of inspiration for many artists: many famous people such as Eugène Delacroix, Henri Matisse and William Burroughs have visited it and consider it their home.
- Alongside our guide, we will visit the "Small Souk", a small square where we will discover the colourful souks, typical local crafts shops, as well as restaurants, bars and cafés. The Great Mosque is found near to the Small Souk.
- We will head towards the Kasbah, the more traditional part of the city, where we will find the beautiful seventeenth-century palace of the sultan, which presently is home to a large museum.
- For lunch, we will head to the restaurant where we will have the chance to taste typical Moroccan dishes.
- After lunch, we will return to the coach, which takes us to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.