DISCOVERING PAPEETE LAGOON
Sightseeing, Drink included
An unforgettable tour on-board a motorised catamaran, alongside an English-speaking guide, to discover the main historic places in Tahiti right from the lagoon, on the trails of the great explorers and to relive the film settings which made it famous.
What we will see
- Main port of Papeete, French military marine base
- Eastern part of Tahiti: commercial ports, yacht club
- Arue: former royal residence, tomb of Pomare V
- Home of James Norman Hall
- Bay of Matavai
- Black sand of Punta di Venere
- Refreshment during the return journey
What we will do
- We will begin our tour on-board a covered catamaran with a guided tour of the main port of Papeete, viewing the*French military marine base* and the port where cargo ships heading to French Polynesia, disembark.
- We will then head to Tahiti's eastern part, sailing along the main commercial parts which focus on fishing, one of the most important activities on the island.
- After passing the yacht club of Tahiti, we will arrive at Arue, where we will find the former royal residence and famous places, Marlon Brando lived here; we can admire the tomb of Pomare V, the last king of Tahiti, who, in 1881 gave Tahiti and its dependencies to France.
- From a distance, we will see the house in which James Norman Hall, author of the famous The Bounty Trilogy, spent his final years. He wrote various adventure books, some of which, were successfully made into films.
- We will continue our tour on the trails of the great explorers such as Samuel Wallis, James Cook and William Bligh, visiting the Bay of Matavai, an historic docking location for European ships, which in 1935 and in 1962 was transformed into a film set, for the filming of "Mutiny on the Bounty", the first book in Hall's trilogy.
- We will head to the east of Papeete towards the black sands of the famous Punta di Venere, the name of which comes from the astrologist, Charles Gree's sighting, in 1769, of the landscape of Venere in front of the sun. We can relax and have a swim, enjoying the amenities the establishment has to offer.
- During the return journey we will be served a refreshment on the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.