TOUR OF PUERTO PLATA AND RELAXATION ON CABARETE BEACH
A tour to learn more about the secrets of Puerto Plata, a place where art and history left significant testimonies. Our day ends with lunch in Cabarete followed by a relaxing break on its lovely beach.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Puerto Plata
- Forteza San Felipe
- Cathedral of St. Philip and Plaza Independencia
- Lunch in Cabarete and relaxation on the beach
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach headed for a sightseeing tour of Puerto Plata, literally the "silver port", as named by Christopher Columbus, who remained spell bounded by the glistening waters of this corner of paradise.
- In the city centre, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we stop at forteza San Felipe, erected in 1564 to defend the city from pirate attacks. Here, our local guides will provide interesting information about its history.
- We continue towards the amazing Art Deco Cathedral of St. Philip in Plaza Independencia also known as Parque Central and heart of the historical city centre and admire the magnificent Victorian architecture in light pastel colours.
- We then move on to Cabarete, a lovely resort where we will enjoy a delicious lunch.
- Finally, we relax on the amazing beach enjoying the sun and sea breeze before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring your bathing costume, sun cream, hat and sunglasses.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.