CULTURE AND TRADITIONS OF THE RURAL HINTERLAND
Swimming, Meal included
An incredible tour to discover traditional Dominican culture, visiting locations which are off the beaten path to experience a lifestyle which has remained unaltered for hundreds of years. We will visit coffee and chocolate plantations, we will meet a local family who will welcome us into their home and taste a lunch which is typical of this marvellous land. A break to relax on the magical beach finishes off this complete immersion into local culture.
What we will see
- Tour of the rural hinterland
- Visit to coffee and chocolate plantations
- Visit to a country home and encounter with a family
- Craft market
- Relaxation on beach
What we will do
- Accompanied by our guides, who will assist us on this trip with their kindness and the interesting information they provide on the Dominican Republic, we will set off to discover the hinterland and the casual style of rural life experienced by the population with their fields and small villages.
- We will visit coffee and chocolate plantations and discover how these local products are grown and harvested by the skilled hands of the local farmers.
- We will have the opportunity to go into a typical countryside home and meet the family that lives there, to personally experience the habits and traditions of the Dominican people.We will take a break to taste the delicious lunch*, accompanied by Dominican drinks, using the cuisine to additionally experience our journey of this country's culture.
- We will also visit a crafts market, where we will find ourselves in the middle of the local population's daily life.
- The last stop of the day will be at the*marvellous, secluded beach*, overlooked by a spectacular mountain range, where we can relax, sunbathe and swim in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with neck or back problems and pregnant women.