A TRAIN RIDE ALONG THE MOST SPECTACULAR TRACKS IN NORWAY
Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
Immersed in unspoilt nature dotted with wonderful waterfalls and picturesque villages, this tour allows us to discover the wonders of the region on a spectacular train ride from Myrdal to Flåm and a sightseeing coach tour exploring inland Bergen, which offers breathtaking views and white-knuckle roads.
What we will see
- Bolstadfjorden and Voss
- Raundalen Mountain Valley
- Gravhalsen Tunnel
- Sightseeing train ride from Myrdal to Flåm
- Kjosfossen waterfall
- Nærøyfjord and Nærøy valley
- Oppheim Lake
What we will do
- We will leave Bergen on our coach and head to Bolstadfjorden and the town of Voss, a famous spot for tourists in summer and winter, known around the world as the Norwegian capital of adventure.
- When we arrive in Voss, we will board a train that will take us along the main railway line. We will cross Raundalen mountain valley and Gravhalsen tunnel, winding down Flåm valley for another 5 kilometres until we reach Myrdal.
- That is where our adventure along the Flåm railway line begins. It is a spectacular, intrepid journey that Lonely Planet calls the most beautiful train ride in the world.
- Along the 20-km route, one of the steepest in the world, our train will follow the tracks that wind along the majestic Sognefjord while we admire rivers that have carved out deep gorges, waterfalls that jet out over the precipices of jagged mountains and farms clinging to rocky crags.
- A stop is also planned at the stunning Kjosfossen waterfall where we can take incredible photos.
- When we reach Flåm station, we will get back on our coach and continue our tour through two tunnels that open out onto Nærøyfjord, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its unrivalled beauty, and then make our way to Nærøy valley.
- We will then take the Stalheimskleiva, the country's steepest road, which was built in 1849. Roughly 1.5 km long, there are 13 spectacular, steep hairpin bends along the road and it is flanked by incredible waterfalls on each side.
- We will then head to Oppheim lake and stop again for photos at Tvinde waterfall before returning to Voss and then to the ship.
- Lunch will be served during the journey.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is purely scenic and involves long stretches travelling by coach on winding roads (about 6 hours).
- The itinerary may be subject to change.