VISIT THE VILLAGE OF ALTOS DE CHAVÓN AND DINNER ON A BOAT
This tour explores scenery created by both man and nature: we will walk the cobbled streets of Altos de Chavón, a reconstruction of a16th century Mediterranean village, and sail on the spectacular Chavón River. A delicious typical dinner by boat is the proper crowning of this exceptional experience.
What we will see
- Altos de Chavón: guided tour and free time
- A boat cruise on the Chavón River
- Dinner on board
What we will do
- An air conditioned coach takes us to the first destination of our tour: Altos de Chavon, the so-called "artists village".
- The construction of this architectural wonder, a copy of a 16th century Mediterranean village, in which every detail in stone, wood and iron has been handcrafted, began in 1976 from an idea by Charles Bluhdorn and on the design of Italy's Roberto Coppa.
- We will discover the charm of this unique village with a half-hour guided tour down its cobbled streets, admiring the iron decorations and sculptures.
- After the tour, we still have 15 minutes of free time to explore this charming village, which also has several restaurants, shops, a museum and even a design school affiliated with Parsons School of Design in New York.
- We return to the bus and head the tourist quay of Casa de Campo to take a boat for a delightful sightseeing cruise along the Chavón River.
- With its luxuriant vegetation, steep slopes and unspoilt nature as far as the eye can see, this river has been chosen as a film set for many famous films, including the Francis Ford Coppola masterpiece "Apocalypse Now".
- During the trip, while vistas of rare beauty pass before our eyes, we enjoy a typical Dominican dinner accompanied by a glass of wine. And anyone who wants to can buy a plate of grilled lobster.
What you need to know
- Space is limited, so be sure to book early.
- The excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The excursion includes walking on cobbled streets, so it is best to wear comfortable shoes and casual clothes.